When it comes to skating competitions, skate lessons, or skating practice, comfortable, breathable clothing rules the rink. But what do you wear to a skating birthday party, on a roller skating date, or when you want to dress to impress in those Instagram pics? Skate World Pasadena has you covered with our roller-skating style guide.
What to Wear to a Skating Rink
- Jeans. Everybody owns a pair of stretchy denims, and these are a go-to style choice for a “casual but cute” vibe at the skating rink. Pair with a cozy t-shirt for a day out with the family or a cute blouse or button up for a retro skate date.
- Shorts. High waisted shorts are still in fashion, and good thing, too! Nothing says “90’s inline skater” or “60’s skating queen” like high waisted shorts and a tasteful crop top. Shorts are a great look for guys, too. Pair classic khakis or colorful linen shorts with a printed short-sleeve button down. Going for comfort? Wear loose, stretchy print shorts with a solid color top.
- Activewear. Athletic gear is getting cuter and cuter, and we’re totally onboard with the effortless style it affords. For a look that’s perfect for pics, tricks, and everything in between, try a breezy top and moisture-wicking yoga leggings with a fun print or mesh inlay. For the guys, athletic shorts and screen-printed tees are always a solid choice.
- Dresses. As long as they’re comfortable, dresses are the perfect pick for a day at the rink. Pair with spandex shorts to prevent any wardrobe malfunctions, and you’re ready to roll.
- Whatever strikes your fancy! We want to see you show off your skating style. From your head to your toes, your style is totally unique. Top off your look with a fun accessory like a sparkly headband or superhero laces for your roller-skates. And don’t forget to mention Skate World Pasadena when you post your pics online!